One Man Boycott are a Pop Punk / Rock band from the U.K.
What began as a solo project by vocalist Joe Brewer in late 2013 One Man Boycott exploded into a full band by 2015, with the South-West based One Man Boycott announcing their presence with the debut single “If Only You'd Stay” and a pair of Super Sick Records releases in "Sick Of It All" & "Stockholm Swing" that expertly toed the line between Joe's pop-punk roots and more reflective emo/rock moments.
ROCKSOUND hailed the band’s 2016 debut full-length, Counting The Seconds, as one of the year’s highlights, dubbing it “Anthemic” and "One hell of a good time" while U.K & EU tours cemented One Man Boycott’s polished but energetic sound as something best experienced live – all while dodging a few stray limbs and overzealous crowd-surfers.
Now, once again Brewer finds himself technically as a solo artist following the depression and personal struggle of the few years post Counting The Seconds. In mid-2020 Joe got back to a place where he could write again – but this time, he’s exactly where he wants to be.
One Man Boycott’s new releases throughout '21, '22 & '23 saw Brewer test the waters with some typically catchy releases. One Man Boycott's planned upcoming releases see a return to working with Grammy nominated producer Romesh Dodangoda to re-introduce Brewer's project to the world. Fans new and old can expect One Man Boycott’s trademark bounce, melodic sensibilities and hook-laden tracks to return without sacrificing an ounce of the original passion from Brewer's vocal that captivated fans in the first place.
With a new energy and determination empowering Brewer, there’s a lot on the horizon for One Man Boycott. He spent the last few months of 2023 hard at work readying the next full-band releases, and re-centering himself on why he began making music in the first place. In many ways, this musical rebirth is the best thing that could have happened to him, a chance for him to fall back in love with his own song writing ability and bravely dare to continue pushing himself under no one’s terms but his own.
“It’s really powerful to have made the mistakes and experience the life you don't want to lead but manage to get out while you still can,” he says. “I have these visions of how I want this band to sound & progress with the fans alongside me, I know it’s up to me to make those things happen. I guess this band is me running away from that version of life that I just can't lead, and I'm running as fast as I can.”
- "if you want the sound of sunshine and summer trapped within 40-50 glorious minutes of bounce One Man Boycott is exactly that. 7/10" - Soundscape
- One Man Boycott pen the kind of energetic, instantly infectious pop rock nuggets that instantly instil a hankering for long sun-soaked days with good friends. - New Noise Magazine
- His vocals carry emotion... his vocals range from earnest but melodic shouting to an impressive falsetto that Jeff Buckley would be proud of. In fact, it’s almost as if he’s doing the work of two singers. - Lounder Sound
- Anthemic and one hell of a good time. 7/10. ROCKSOUND
- quintessential pop-punk hooks and pristine vocals that are too good to ignore. a bright and big future for OMB as the next big pop-punk band. They’ve got the hooks to keep you… um… hooked, and catchy choruses that could rival that of All Time Low. Although we’re not exactly short of pop-punk bands in this day and age, One Man Boycott add something new to the table. - Hit The Floor
Booking Enquiries: Ethan Young - firstname.lastname@example.org
All Other Enquiries: Joe - Joe@onemanboycott.com